Specialist advice and practical support through any business dispute. By acting quickly, having a clear strategy and using the right tactics, you will minimise the negative impact to your business. And if the worst happens you’ll get expert support through the Court process.
Ask Cousins Business Law for help with:
- Business debts
- Contract disputes
- Claims for damages & compensation
- Directors disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Property disputes
Disputes are an unfortunate and unavoidable fact of business life. In fact, the larger and more prosperous your business becomes, the more disputes you may face.
The key is effective management of disputes at all stages: setting up a strategy to avoid as many disputes arising in the first place, putting your business in the best possible position it can be if a dispute becomes unavoidable and using a flexible strategy of resolving it, whether that means fighting in court, negotiating a settlement or sorting things out via mediation.
Cousins Business Law solicitors have vast expertise of managing disputes at all levels. If you are already in a dispute situation we will investigate your case and give you honest, plain English advice on what outcomes we think are likely and how much it is likely to cost you. We will agree a strategy with you and then take action to get you the best result we can.
We don’t like the term litigation solicitors because that implies advocacy, battles and strife, but by training Gary Cousins and Nigel Musgrove are both expert litigation solicitors and dispute managers.
Dispute Resolution for Business
In our initial free telephone case assessment you will have an opportunity to explain the details of the issues you are facing and what you would like to try and achieve. Based on this information one of our dispute resolution specialists will be able to advise on the best course of action and the next steps to take, chosen from the following most common services, elements of which are normally offered on a fixed price basis.
- Initial Expert Opinion – based on pre-booked telephone appointment with advice provided on your options and possible next steps. This is suitable for both those defending and making claims against another party.
- Detailed Expert Assessment – based on seeing key documents and spending up to 2 hours considering the documents, and providing detailed advice which is then explained by telephone. This is suitable for both those defending and making claims against another party.
- Correspondence Drafting – taking verbal instructions and drafting initial correspondence for you, and dealing with any initial reply. This is suitable for anyone wishing to make a case to another party at the initial stages, whether defending or making a claim.
- Full Case Analysis – reviewing correspondence you may have received making a claim against you and advising on you on the strengths of their claim and how best to respond. This is suitable for anyone who has received a solicitors’ letter and needs to understand their options before taking action.
In many instances you may be looking for Full Case Management: for someone to identify and review all relevant documentation and correspondence relating to your case, provide detailed advice and progress the case as directed by you. This may be advisable if the dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction by one of the first three services mentioned. As expert litigators, our solicitors are very experienced in representing clients in contract, property, directors and many other forms of business dispute.
Call 0845 003 5639 or complete our appointment booking form to arrange a telephone appointment.
Legal advice for...
Family Owned Business
“Cousins Business Law excels at demystifying potentially complex legal areas for small business owners”
Simon Moore, MD Moore News Ltd
Get legal updates
Enter your email address to receive our monthly Blog Newsletter